Thursday, February 4, 2010

Maui – Day 1

In September of 2009 I turned 40 and Kurt and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary. We decided that we should celebrate with a trip to Hawaii. We thought by going in January we would be able to escape that bad winter weather of the Northwest and get some sun when we needed most. We were so excited – this would be my first trip to the islands and I couldn’t wait!

After arriving at the Kahului airport at about mid-day Maui time on Saturday, Jan 16, we made a quick stop at Costco and Wal-Mart for some groceries. We also stopped at the Safeway in Lahaina. Once we got to our condo in Napili Bay, we were greeted with a really nice fruit basket from the owner. The condo was SO nice and we had an amazing view from our lanai.

DSCF0895

DSCF0890

DSCF0892

DSCF0893

I found this note from Ashley inside my suitcase…

DSCF0896

After we got everything unpacked we had just enough time to walk down to the beach in front of our condo to watch the sunset. It was beautiful and really set the tone for our trip.

DSCF0903

DSCF0912

Afterwards, we went back to the condo and finished settling in. We decided to hit the hay early to adjust to the time change. This was going to be a good trip for sure.

No comments: